When buying a kids mattress, parents usually think about price and comfort while overlooking the most important aspect - whether the mattress is non-toxic. Toxicity is a critical factor to consider. A typical mattress is full of chemicals and can off-gas to expose your kids to harmful toxins.
Kids spend from 8-10 hours a day on a mattress, more than a third of their lives. During this time they are in close, direct contact with the mattress materials and they breathe and absorb whatever is in these materials throughout the night. Kids' reproductive, neurological, immune, and respiratory systems, as well as their livers are still developing. This makes them more vulnerable to toxic chemicals, since it's difficult for them to detoxify and excrete these toxins. Low level chemical exposure during the critical period of brain development can cause more harm than high doses later in life. While sleeping, our children's bodies need to recover from the stress of the day and regenerate, not breathe and absorb toxic chemicals.
- profile viewed 7 times