We are rejoined by guest Law Ware to discuss several sources, some less formal than others. Cultural sources included:
1. Peggy McIntosh: "Unpacking the Invisible Backpack" (1989)
2. Tim Wise: "White Like Me" documentary (2016)
3. George Yancy: "Dear White America" (2015 editorial in the NY Times The Stone)
4. John McWhorter: "The Privilege of Checking White Privilegeâ€ (2015 editorial in the Daily Beast)
Academic articles included:
1. Charles W. Mills: "White Ignorance" (2007)
2. Lewis R. Gordon: "Critical Reflections on Three Popular Tropes in the Study of Whiteness" (2004) (From What White Looks Like, George Yancy, ed)
3. Lawrence Blum: "White privilege: A mild critique" (2008)
You may wish to first listen to our initial foray into philosophy and race, where we talked about DuBois, MLK, and others.
Don't wait for part 2! Get your full, ad-free Citizen Edition right now with your PEL membership. Please support PEL!
McIntosh picture by Olle Halvars. [Peggy McIntosh, Charles Mills, et al Part One ]
Licence : All Rights Reserved