For our first anniversary and the twentieth episode of the, 'Lateral Listening' series, the NFSA presents an exclusive mix from Camilla Hannan.
Hannan has gifted this work - via FREE DOWNLOAD as an uncompressed WAV.
1. Double Glazed: From the compilation album, 'Airport Symphony', released by Room40 (EDRM417), 2007.
2. As the Bough Breaks: One half of a dual headphone work presented as part of the exhibition, 'Easy Listening'. Curated by Philipa Veitch. West Space, Melbourne, 2013.
3. Pegboard: Audio sketches for live performance, 2012.
4. Ghostspace: Audio sketches for live performance, 2014.
5. Strangelands: Excerpt from the Album, 'Strangelands', released by 3Leaves (3L024), 2013.
NFSA Title No: 1456663
Image: NFSA Title No: 1456683
Photographer: Alina Golavachenko
"Camilla Hannan is a sound artist working across a range of arenas.
She utilises field recordings as the source material for her work. The field recordings are then processed into sonic textures and abstractions of place."
About Lateral Listening: Curated by Tessa Elieff for the NFSA, each episode presents an Australian artist for your auditory delight. Primary focus for this series is genres associated with/including sound art and experimental musics, with the intent to bring to light the extraordinary caliber of Australian artists who work within these realms.
Licence : All Rights Reserved