Scuba has had a busy 2015 with nonstop international tour dates across five continents, killer output on his Hotflush label and the March release of his own LP, Claustrophobia. The album was inspired in part by his first appearance at Japanâ€™s intimate techno festival, The Labyrinth, and after returning this past September heâ€™s prepared to reveal its successor: a remix album featuring 11 new versions helmed by the likes of Len Faki, Atom TM and Audion as well as previously unreleased remixes from Function, Acid Mondays and Radio Slave.
Berghain residents Len Faki and Function hone in on the brooding energy of 'Black On Black' and 'Why You Feel So Low' with whiplash percussion. Ã¸ [Phase], a longtime staple of the Belgian techno label Token, applies his signature immaculate precision and attention to detail to a slow-burning rework of 'Family Entertainmentâ€™, while buouyant house up-and-comers Mr. Tophat & Art Alfie provide a somewhat lighter touch on their version of â€˜Driftâ€™, which reimagines a drum-free odyssey as a bright floor-filler with dusty drums. In addition to the heavy-hitters on the tracklist, Scuba also enlisted promising producers like Berlinâ€™s Tallman 785 and Ibiza-dwelling duo Acid Mondays, both of whom provide hypnotic and thumping takes on his originals.
Physical release date: November 13th 2015
Digital release date: December 11th 2015
01. Levitation (Tallmen 785 Remix)
02. Why You Feel So Low (Function Remix)
03. Television (Atom TM Remix)
04. Drift (Mr. Tophat & Art Alfie Remix)
05. PCP (Audion Remix)
06. All I Think About Is Death (Radio Slave Remix)
07. Needle Phobia (Acid Mondays Remix)
08. Family Entertainment (Ã¸ [Phase] Remix)
09. Black on Black (Len Faki Remix)
10. Transience (Tuff City Kids Remix)
11. All I Think About Is Death (Radio Slave Remix) [Extended Preview Tallmen 785 Remix ]
Licence : All Rights Reserved