- Benson Henderson will make his much-anticipated debut under the Bellator MMA banner after signing one of the biggest free agent deals in MMA.
-â€œSmoothâ€ will challenge Andrey Koreshkov for his welterweight title when the two meet in the main event of "Bellator 153" on April 22 at The Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.
- Henderson has accomplished a ton over the course of his 10-year professional career as a mixed martial artist. A former World Extreme Cagefighting and Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight titlist, â€œSmoothâ€ holds black belts in both Taekowndo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and also earned NAIA All-American honors in both 2005 and 2006. Multiple media outlets named Henderson the fighter of the year in 2012, and he has been one half of several epic battles that have received â€œFight of the Yearâ€ accolades: Donald Cerrone (2009), Anthony Pettis (2010), Frankie Edgar (2012), and Brandon Thatch (2015).
- Standing opposite of Bellator MMAâ€™s newest acquisition will be Koreshkov, a 25-year-old fighter out of Russia who took the title from Douglas Lima during a main event bout at â€œBellator 140: Lima vs. Koreshkovâ€ in July of last year.
- With only one defeat on his impressive resume, â€œSpartanâ€™sâ€ first title defense will likely put him in the position of underdog, a spot that champions rarely find themselves heading into a matchup.
- With 13 finishes in 18 victories, the 10-fight Bellator MMA veteran will attempt to stop a fighter who has only lost by knockout or submission three times in 28 outings.
- Tickets for "Bellator 153" start at only $30 and are on sale now at Bellator.com, Ticketmaster and the Mohegan Sun Box Office.
- The event airs live on SPIKE, April 22 at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT -- Donâ€™t miss it.
Licence : All Rights Reserved