Marcio Vermelho is a veteran in the Brazilian club scene, DJing and producing since the early 00â€™s and holding residencies at various venues in his home town SÃ£o Paulo. Famed for his eclectic range I found early on that a Vermelho mix could take on any number of different styles, themes and sounds, everything from acid to disco, and always deliver something special. His MÃ©tron Musik Mixtape is no different.
MÃ¡rcio has put together a collection of tracks that are incredibly special to him, the majority taken from some of his favourite records from the 70â€™s and 80â€™s. Played through headphones it's a cinematic, hallucinogenic trip through a city after dark, street lights, high spirits, corner boys, street dancers and enigmatic characters abound. Played in the club it's a euphoric funk adventure with enough heart, soul and tension to bring a room to climax. Either way you spin it, it's a joyous listening experience ending on one of my personal favourite pieces of music, the recently reissued Mariah - Shinzo No Tibira.
He'll be playing in SÃ£o Paulo on November 7th alongside Carrot Green, Juju & Jordash and others at an event called ODD. Get down.
Check out the full project at the link below, or click the MÃ©tron button on the player.
1. Captain Mustard - Quiet Move
2. Brian Bennett - The Prowler
3. Senai - Let The Night In (KMTRâ€™s Dub)
4. Herbie Hancock - The Twilight Clone
5. Hiroshi Sato - Awakening
6. Oliver Mandic - Sve Su Seke Jebene (Hotaru Edit)
7. Auf Togo - Second Tongue
8. Frank Aleksandersen - Kong Vinter (Crinan Edit)
9. Orchester Ambros Seelos - Mondgesicht
10. Rajan - Time
11. SaÃ¢da Bonaire - Little Sister
12. Yoko Ono - Youâ€™re The One (Hotaru Edit)
13. Mariah - Shinzo No Tibira
Licence : All Rights Reserved