Vagabondages is a collection of eight short pieces for piano. Each piece is inspired by a place where I lived:
1. Rome, New York: Danse iroquoise. A short fantasy on a traditional Native American dance.
2. Langen (Hessen): Handkäse mit Musik. Handkäse is a German regional cheese, often eaten while drinken large amounts of cider. When topped with onions, it is called "Handkäse with Music", suggesting the subsequent flatulence (which is represented in the piece).
For more information on Handkäse, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handk%C3%A4se
3. Valencia - La Cañada: - Sérénade. A simple Catalan serenade.
4. Beaulieu-sur-mer - Nice: La Baie-des-fourmis. A sunny tune in Provençal style.
5. Paris: Le collège franco-britannique. A residence for students in the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris, where British and French mingle.
6. College Station: Gig 'em! A souvenir from Texas A & M University.
7. Saint-Michel-sur-Orge: Promenade sur l'Orge. A romantic stroll along the river.
8. Longjumeau - Balizy: L'or du Rouillon. The Rouillon is a small stream that flows through Balizy, where the Knights Templar supposedly hid their gold. The title is a pun on the French name of Wagner's opera L'or du Rhin.
Licence : All Rights Reserved