I had the pleasure of sharing music and speaking at A-Fest this year in Costa Rica and what an exceptional experience it was. I will not try to fully describe the A-Fest experience here (think TED talks meets Burning Man, meets exotic location, meets open-minded, open-hearted, connection seeking, wild dreamers, social changers.....something like that)
One of my favorite things about A-Fest is that everyone who is sharing/contributing/presenting etc at the event is also attending, learning, co-creating, and dancing (who knew that so many CEO's could get down like that?..... and Lisa Nichols....yes yes).
The theme of this years A-Fest was "Belief Hacking". I proposed to the MindValley/A-Fest team to not only share music, but to also contribute an abridged version of my presentation "Accessing the Creative Spirit".
Below are some notes I took from the event.
Joseph Campbell. "We think we are searching for a meaning for life but what we are really looking for is the experience of being alive. We want our experiences in the physical plane to mirror our inner experiences so we actually feel the rapture of being alive."
A-Fest's community satisfies one of our base human needs; Connection. I love hearing the story about Vishan Lakhani (Founder of MIndvalley and A-Fest) "finding his tribe". We are searching for connection; To find others who have shared experiences and to discover we are not alone in our experiences.
For the first several years of creating "The Human Experience" music, I stayed in my bedroom playing for myself. I didn't have a community who supported my creative expression (music) and I was afraid that no one would resonate with it. After quitting my job as a personal trainer and manager of an integrated wellness facility in LA, I traveled around the world, went extreme, pushed my growth edges, and ultimately found a group of people with whom I resonated. It took years to find the support that I have today.
We seek validation from others. This is natural, we want to feel like we are enough. Until we feel "I AM ENOUGH", we will always return to suffering. I AM ENOUGH means you are divine. Your innate creativity which sources from the same ocean of creativity that created the universe. You are THAT and THAT is enough.
Creativity is divine. You are the bridge between spirit and earth
In order to find peace in challenging situations (it seems so easy when all is going according to plan), we must EMBODY "I AM ENOUGH". Beyond our subconscious programming of self-limiting beliefs, beyond our desire to please others and be accepted, beyond our shame and fears of expressing our authentic self, beyond our guilt of living a life full of abundance and love, beyond the construction of one's "false self" who many of us have created based on what everyone else made you believe you were, YOUR BEINGNESS IS ENOUGH.
You are an operating system. You can upgrade for free at any time.
1. "Here for a Moment" (Ft. Danny Musengo and MPG 21)- Gone Gone Beyond (The Human Experience + FTFTF
2. Ayla Nereo - "Show Yourself" (The Human Experience Remix)
3. "Grandma's Piano" - The Human Experience + Quixotic
4. "Follow my Bliss" - The Human Experience Ft. Autumn Skye
5. "Chan Chan" - The Human Experience Ft. Ignacio Perez Borrell (Buena Vista)and Igor Rakuz-Izik
6. "Jazzzz in ya Bones" - The Human Experience Ft. Pete Murano and eO
7. "Pretty Little Foot" - Rising Appalachia + The Human Experience
8. "The Only Dance There Is" -William Close (The Earth Harp) + The Human Expereince
9. "When I Grow Up" (Live from BAMM Studios) - The Human Experience Ft. Amae Love
10. "Sunu" - Rising Appalachia + The Human Experience
11. "From the Outside Looking In" - The Human Experience + Quixotic
12. Kyrstyn Pixton - "Beads on the Wind" (The Human Experience remix Ft. Theo Brama)
13. "La Madrugada" - The Human Experience
Self Portrait/Album art by David Block (Two Spirit Photography)
Licence : All Rights Reserved